The New York Times Academic Pass is now available to all CUNY students, faculty and staff. You must register with your cuny.edu email for a 52 week subscription to the New York Times Digital.
New York Times Academic Pass
The New York Times Academic Pass is now available to all CUNY students, faculty and staff. The Academic Pass gives anybody with a cuny.edu email domain a yearlong subscription to the New York Times Digital. The NY Times Academic pass basically works like any subscription to the New York Times Digital except it does not include the tablet app (it does include apps for mobile phones) and limits the number of downloadable articles from the New York Times archive.
Your pass is good for 52 weeks from the date you activate it.
*Does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited. You must have a valid email address from a participating school. Other restrictions may apply.
Go to nytimes.com/passes.
1. Click on "Register" to create a NYTimes.com account using your school email address. (your email@example.com)
2. At the bottom of the Welcome page, click "Continue."
3. You will then see "Check your email." Look for the message, Confirm Your Email Address, which should arrive within 15 minutes.
4. Click on the link in the confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for 1 year.
5. If you don’t get the confirmation email, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have followed the steps for first-time users and activated an Academic Pass provided by your school, it should allow you full access for 52 weeks with no further action on your part.
However, if for any reason while on NYTimes.com you are served the message that you are reaching the limit of free articles on the site, do the following:
Make sure you are logged in to NYTimes.com with your school email address. Go to nytimes.com/passes. Your pass should again be active.
Your Academic Pass includes access to The New York Times via the NYTimes smartphone apps. To download your smartphone app, visit: nytimes.com/mobile.
Once you have registered and selected your Academic Pass, you can then access nytimes.com from anywhere at any time during the life of that pass from most web capable devices*.
Tablet users should access the NY Times Academic Pass through a web browser by going to nytimes.com