The New York Times Academic Pass is now available to all CUNY students, faculty and staff. You must register with your cuny.edu email for a 52 week subscription to the New York Times Digital.
After the year is up, you will need to reactivate your pass for FREE ACCESS.
Go to nytimes.com/passes and login with your school CUNY.edu email address to be eligible.
Go to nytimes.com/passes.
1. Click on "Register" to create a NYTimes.com account using your school email address. (your firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. At the bottom of the Welcome page, click "Continue."
3. You will then see "Check your email." Look for the message, Confirm Your Email Address, which should arrive within 15 minutes.
4. Click on the link in the confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for 1 year.
5. If you don’t get the confirmation email, check your spam filter. If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to email@example.com
*Does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited. You must have a valid email address from a participating school. Other restrictions may apply.
Your Academic Pass includes access to The New York Times via the NYTimes smartphone apps. To download your smartphone app, visit: nytimes.com/mobile.
Once you have registered and selected your Academic Pass, you can then access nytimes.com from anywhere at any time during the life of that pass from most web capable devices*.
Tablet users should access the NY Times Academic Pass through a web browser by going to nytimes.com